Chinese Dictionary and 3-line Document Editor
ChinaScribe is a Chinese dictionary program that can automatically add Mandarin Pinyin or Cantonese romanization and English (or other) definitions to Chinese characters. The results can be directly exported to a mobile-friendly 2- or 3-line PDF document.
July 2016: ChinaScribe 1.42 Now Available!
To find out how the program works please watch one of the demonstration videos. You are welcome to download ChinaScribe now and try it for yourself.
- More than 130,000 Chinese words many of which have English, German and French definitions
- Easily add and amend dictionary entries
- Simplified or Traditional Chinese characters
- Mandarin pinyin or Cantonese romanizations
- Export ChinaScribe documents to print- or tablet-friendly PDF documents
- Create "pinyinized" documents quickly by copying and pasting Chinese text or by opening Chinese ePub and HTML files
- “Watch Clipboard” function automatically looks up Chinese words copied to the clipboard from another application
ChinaScribe is designed for Microsoft Windows computers and tablets. However, it can also be used on Mac and Linux machines. (See Mac/Linux info.)