Chinese Dictionary and 3-line Document Editor
ChinaScribe is a Chinese dictionary program that can automatically add Mandarin Pinyin or Cantonese romanization and English (or other) definitions to Chinese characters. You can export the results directly to a mobile-friendly 2- or 3-line PDF document or to Microsoft Word. You can also play Mandarin or Cantonese pronunciation of words.
January 2019: ChinaScribe 1.63 Now Available!
To find out how the program works please watch one of the demonstration videos. You are welcome to download ChinaScribe now and try it for yourself.
- More than 130,000 Chinese words many of which have English, German and French definitions
- Easily add and amend dictionary entries
- Simplified or Traditional Chinese characters
- Mandarin pinyin or Cantonese romanizations
- Export ChinaScribe documents to print- or tablet-friendly PDF documents
- Create "pinyinized" documents quickly by copying and pasting Chinese text or by opening Chinese ePub and HTML files
- “Watch Clipboard” function automatically looks up Chinese words copied to the clipboard from another application
- Play Mandarin or Cantonese speech sounds for dictionary words. (To configure your device see "Speech Options" in the ChinaScribe help file.)
ChinaScribe is designed for Microsoft Windows computers and tablets. However, it can also be used on Mac and Linux machines. (See Mac/Linux info.)